Daily outline for Wed, Nov 9, 2016 9:10 AM (8 months ago)
fundamental theorems of calculus
- talked about the funk we're in after the election
- Quiz on comparing and contrasting the Laplace Transform and Eigen approach to a damped oscillator (with non-zero initial conditions).
- Asked them to write down the fundamental theorem of calculus
- most wrote \(\int_a^b f(x)\,dx=F(b)-F(a)\)
- I walked through the other three and we compared and contrasted (including a one-word story!)
- we talked about when you need a vector field and when you need a scalar field
- we talked about the arbitrary sign in the Stoke's version
- We talked about the given function in the 2nd problem
- We talked about the third problem and how they need to be able to go from one to any of the others.
They asked that I work a few problems, especially with div and curl